- This event has passed.
2019 Zahn Innovation Summit
March 6 @ 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25
Join us on March 6th for the second Zahn Innovation Summit, a premiere event in Harlem featuring thought provoking conversation from NYC government officials, investors and entrepreneurs. Our theme is “our problems, our solutions, our unicorns.” We’ll be talking about the diversity of NYC’s population–the unique challenges we face–and how we can take ownership of the solutions for our own community’s problem sets.
The event includes:
- As part of Open Data Week, we’ll offer a workshop around Open Data & how to use NYC’s open data portal for your own business or passion project. Speakers will be announced soon!
- Local challenges for immigrant communities w/ Oscar Romero of NYCx Co-Labs (of the Mayor’s Office of the CTO) – (closed event) The Inwood and Washington Heights Community Tech Board was convened by the NYCx Co-Labs team of the NYC Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer to inform the research behind the NYCx Co-Labs Challenges. The Community Tech Board convenes periodically to discuss local community challenges. This event will be a participatory workshop where members of the Community Tech Board will share their views regarding local challenges for immigrant communities.
- “Hidden Resources” – This workshop will help you identify resources for entrepreneurs in all five boroughs & detail how to access them. It will feature a panel of experts with an open dialogue format.
- Navigating the NYC Tech Ecosystem w/ NYCx Co-labs, the EDC & the SBS – Explore the NYC Tech Ecosystem and learn how the City of New York is partnering with start-ups, entrepreneurs and community based organizations to solve urban challenges and promote innovation across government agencies. The conversation will highlight opportunities and challenges that early stage entrepreneurs and start-ups encounter when partnering with government agencies. Outcomes include:
- Learning about upcoming opportunities to partner with city agencies to solve urban challenges
- Learning about challenges when partnering with city agencies
- Electronics 101 w/ Arrow – learn about electronics & tinker in this fun, engaging maker workshop!
A Panel Discussion
In our panel discussion, we’ll discuss public-private partnerships and how you can leverage them.
The Zahn Startup Competition Practice Pitch
The very heart of Zahn Innovation Center is our Zahn Venture Competition. Every year, 24 teams compete for over $150,000 total prizes. You’ll meet the current teams vying for these prizes at their first public pitch in preparation for May’s Demo Day. Come support and see them as they take their first step into the public eye.