Tech Talk: Artificial Intelligence & Creative Works
March 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| FREE
Artificial intelligence (AI) is rapidly being used to create new original works, like music, art, and other creative systems. In this Tech Talk, we bring together experts from both the tech and legal worlds to discuss emergent applications for AI and explore the legal issues raised by the use of AI in the creative process.
As these AI systems develop, who owns the IP rights? The AI programmer? The artist who used the AI program to create her work? What are the boundaries of such rights, if AIs truly become autonomous and can act in ways that are unpredictable and unexpected?
- Aaron Wright, Associate Clinical Professor, Cardozo Law School (Moderator)
- Dennis Mortensen, Founder and CEO, X.ai
- Robert Kasunic, Associate Register of Copyrights and Director of Registration Policy & Practice, U.S. Copyright Office
- Caroline McCaffery, General Counsel, Clarifai, Inc
- Christopher Buccafusco, Professor of Law, Cardozo Law School