- This event has passed.
Venture Capital: Fundraising Advice for Founders
November 29, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$20
Funding is one of the biggest pain points entrepreneurs face when building their companies.
For those entrepreneurs considering a venture path for their startups, we know the road ahead can seem daunting: making the right connections, valuing your company, closing the deal and strategically planning a future that makes sense for the business, as well as a new set of stakeholders.
Join us for a panel discussion with founders and investors who’ll share their own insights from both sides of the table about securing early-stage funding.
- Considering whether the venture path is right for your startup
- Meeting the right people & building an investor funnel
- Valuing your company
- Deciding how much to raise
- Understanding common mistakes and pitfalls in fundraising
- Creating the right pitch
- And much more!
- Rebecca Kaden is a Partner at Union Square Ventures, a venture capital firm that manages over $1B across seven funds. Their portfolio companies create services that have the potential to fundamentally transform important markets. A few of their investments include Meetup, Twitter, Tumblr, Soundcloud, StackOverflow, and Stripe. She began her career as a journalist and, prior to USV, was a Partner at Maveron, a consumer-focused early stage fund.
- Ryley Reynolds is an investor at Investor at Thrive Capital, a venture capital investment firm focused on media and internet investments. It was founded by Joshua Kushner in 2009 and has invested in many tech darlings like GitHub, Slack, ClassPass, Harry’s, Patreon, and Instagram. Ryley joined Thrive Capital as an Investor in 2017. Prior to Thrive, Ryley was an associate at Insight Venture Partners.