- This event has passed.
What the Fund?
January 29 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$10
With all of the hype around traditional VC, many founders are unaware of the many alternative forms of financing that may be available to early-stage underrepresented founders, or what types of business models are aligned for venture funding. The SoGal Foundation presents “What the Fund?!” which will help to bridge this education gap and provide insight into venture-backed startup business model, and a deep dive of how to run a crowdfunding for equity campaign. We have not one, but two fierce fireside chats for you:
Crowdfunding for Equity
- Pialy Aditya (Senior Advisor, Republic)
- Allison Lee (Founder & CEO, Hemster)
- Moderator: Kelley Henry (Global Director, SoGal Foundation)
- Elizabeth Galbut (Founding Partner, SoGal Ventures)
- Moderator: Amanda Coopersmith (Community & Product Manager, Parity Partners)