- This event has passed.
Social Media Strategies for Startups: Advice from Experts
October 9, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$20
“Social media is not just a spoke on the wheel of marketing. It’s becoming the way entire bicycles are built.” – Ryan Lilly
Startups new and old are trying to figure out an excellent social media strategy that will help them with sales, customer acquisition, and brand awareness.
But with ever-changing algorithms and platforms, getting to your first thousands of followers or growing your brand on a crowded channel can seem daunting.
That’s why we’ve recruited some of the smartest social media marketers in NYC to discuss strategies you can use for your startup. We’ll discuss
- Choosing which social channels are best for your business
- Tactics to get followers on different social media platforms
- Social media trends to watch out for in 2019
- Using social media for customer service and business development
- The role of messaging apps in social media
- Advertising on social media platforms
- Creating content for social media
- Measuring ROI on social media campaigns
- Developing a social media strategy
- And much more!
About the panelists
- Emily Bibb is the Global Director of Digital & Social Media at S’well, a company that makes fashionable hydration accessories that look great and do good. Before working there, she spent time at ABC Television, PopSugar, and VSCO. At VSCO, she took on a few roles: she began as a Social Media Manager, eventually becoming a content and partnerships manager. Most recently, she was the associate digital director at KCD, the world’s leading fashion media relations, creative services, digital, entertainment and technology PR agency.
- Jon Chang is an expert digital, growth, and product marketer, and a recognized global educator and keynote speaker. He’s currently an IBM Watson product marketer and New York University Adjunct Faculty of Social Media and Web Analytics. Jon further demonstrates his passion for marketing by teaching at General Assembly, while also advising the education non profit Exploration Summer Programs. Previously at Kickstarter, Stack Overflow, and MakerBot.
- Courtney Spritzer is the co-founder of SocialFly, a social media marketing agency in New York City that specializes in connecting with your customers and building long term relationships that lead to brand engagement. A graduate of New York University, Spritzer initially moved to Boston, MA to pursue a career in underwriting where she analyzed and worked with various different companies across telecom, banking, construction, and retail industries. Eventually, she was captivated with the social media movement taking place within most fortune 500 companies, and realized social media was a fast growing marketing platform. Before founding SocialFly, she founded Startups In Stilettos, the premier business network for young entrepreneurial women looking to leave their well-heeled mark on the world.
6:30 – 6:50: Drinks & Networking
6:50 – 7:50: Panel
7:50 – 8:15: Audience Q&A
8:15 – 9:00: More Drinks & Networking